Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Midyear Update

I haven't had much time for blogging lately.  The last few weeks (and months) have flown by in a flash.  I guess the title of my blog is holding true!  I wish we had more time to spend with our friends and family and catch up.  Hopefully soon, but in the meantime here is an update since my last post.

Brandon:  Has been so hard at work.  He is about to begin the 5th term of a 6 term MBA program.  This term is only 1 month long and will be over before we know it so we are truly finally reaching the end and there's a small light at the end of our very long tunnel.  Since his GATE (Global Academic Travel Experience) trip to China was cancelled he had the last 2 weeks off from school.  It was so nice to have him home to spend some much needed time with the girls and help me around the house.  I think we are all a little spoiled now and it will be hard to let him go back to his normal routine.

Caroline:  had her first week of 2nd grade last week.  She seems to love her new teacher and is so excited to tell me what she has learned everyday when she gets home.  She only has 14 kids in her class this year which is unheard of for public schools.  One of the reasons I love track 2!  We took this last month off of violin lessons, but she has learned 3 new songs during the break.  She is starting to play real songs and surprises me with her great ability after only 1.5 years of playing.  I'm starting to learn to read music in helping her practice each day so it's a learning experience for me as well.  She turns 7 next week so we are having 4 little girls and all our family come with us to a Durham Bulls game this weekend immediately followed by Caroline's first sleepover.  The countdown to Friday has already begun!

Summer:  Went to her first year of VBS last week.  She was a little shy and had a little trouble settling in each evening, but I could tell she had a ball.  She is very disappointed that she can't go again this week.  She'll begin preschool in the 3 year old class in about a month and can't wait.  In the meantime she is keeping me on my toes with dress up and wanting to learn to ride her scooter and bike as much as possible.

Bella:  Is changing daily.  I could write a daily blog just telling you all the things she does each day.  She is loving the summertime.  She has no fear of water or heights and tests my blood pressure everyday by trying new maneuvers in both.  She loves to point to or bring me things all the time to test her newly learned words.  Last weekend while the big girls were at VBS together she was home with Brandon and me all alone.  I think she would have loved being an only child, walking in the middle, holding both of our hands and getting our undivided attention.  Luckily, she was the youngest and won't have the deal with a younger one taking anymore of her time away!

Me:  I'm probably the most boring of the family.  I feel like I just try to keep up with the rest of them.  I have kind-of reached my July weigh goal that I set at the beginning of the year.  The number on the scale is what I had hoped for but the physical results are not.  I'm guessing I need to go a little bit farther than I had hoped for the results I'm looking for.  I hope to find a crossfit program once Brandon slows down with school.  I have done a few of those type workouts using the Bob Harper website and I really enjoy it.

I'll leave you with a few pictures from our trip to Carowinds over the weekend.  When we left in the morning to drive to Charlotte Caroline had no idea what that place was.  Each morning this week she has told me that she wished today was the day that she was going.

Caroline and Summer on the little roller coaster.  Caroline rode it 3 times (with her hands high in the air each time).  Summer rode it twice, but cried at the end of both rides.

Caroline and Summer riding the Snoopy airplane.  Summer could have done this the entire time and been happy.

The highlight of my trip!  Summer, Caroline, even Bella got to drive their own cars.

 Brandon and Summer riding the pirate ships, Caroline is in the boat behind them.  Caroline loved it, Summer, not so much.....
The girls in Snoopy's doghouse.

Me, Bella, and Caroline while Caroline drove the car around the park.

Brandon with Summer, Caroline and Snoopy

No comments:

Post a Comment