Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What a difference 2 years can make

On December 17th, 2012 Brandon's MBA classes will officially end.  In our home you will find countdown calendars everywhere.  Our entire family has been waiting for this day for so long.

This picture was taken of our family Christmas 2010.  This was 3 days before we learned that Brandon was accepted into the Duke MBA program.  I was hoping I could find another picture where I took the time to put on my makeup and was not in my pajamas or all the girls were actually looking at the camera.  After a lengthy search I have realized that we haven't had a chance to take a better family picture in the last 2 years.

In December 2010 Caroline had just started her first year of elementary school.  She received  a violin for Christmas, and spent all her free time playing with her friends.  Summer was a sweet, yet shy little 1 year old.  She stayed home with me, still in diapers, and would crumble into a tiny pile of tears if you just gave her a stern look.  Bella was only a few months old.  I think she was sleeping through the night by this point, but not much beyond that.  Brandon and I were trying our best to manage work and home life. We thought we were prepared for one of us to go back to school.  We were nervous about what a MBA program would involve, but were so excited about what the future held for us.

If you have read my blog at all, you know that the last 2 years have not been easy for us.  Brandon has been swamped with school.  I have been up to my eyeballs in kid activities.  We have spent weekends and even weeks apart.  His classes have seem to fall on every one of the girls' birthdays, our anniversary, and countless soccer games.  But we have found a way to make it work and loved every minute that we could all be together as a family.

Today that little kindergartner of 2010 is a bright and talented little 7 year old.  She is loving 2nd grade.  She just finished her 3rd violin recital, played T-ball, tennis, soccer, and learned to swim.  Summer is halfway through her 2nd year of preschool, is such a good big sister, and still falls to pieces at the utter of the word no.  Bella is now a wild and crazy 2 year old.  She's running. and talking, and completely running the show.  It's hard to believe that in just 2 years my little babies have become wonderful little ladies.

With 1 month, 2 days and a few hours left of the MBA we have started to look beyond school, and are still excited about what the future holds. Whatever that may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment