Tuesday, March 19, 2013

In limbo

If you haven't heard, we are moving and this is our last full week in Apex.  Brandon will begin work full time in his new position at Duke Energy on Monday morning.  In February he worked half weeks at both jobs and traveled back and forth between Charlotte and Apex for a number of weeks.  He has been here in Apex for the entire month of March so he could assist his former department with the planned nuclear plant outage.  It has been great to have him here to help me with the house and also help with all that is to come with the move.  

Thursday is his last day of work.  He leaves immediately for an annual golfing trip with some friends from high school and college, but will be back late in the weekend to help me pack for our temporary move.  Friday is Caroline's last day of school, but the girls and I will stay in Apex a few extra days so Summer can have her last day of preschool on Tuesday.  All the girls will be home with me until school begins again in the fall.

We have found a lovely home in the town of Weddington.  It is in an area southeast of Charlotte with wonderful schools, lots of charm, and most importantly with plenty of room for our family inside and out.  I am already picturing my girls spending the warm days playing in the backyard swinging on the new playground, and cool evenings in our living room next to the big brick fireplace playing board games (You see, my girls always get along perfectly in my dreams!)  We are scheduled to close at the end of April, but will wait to move in at the end of May so we can do a little bit of updating.

Our house in Apex went on the market last Thursday.  It took a little longer than I had hoped to get everything in order since we decided to do some last minute updates.  After 2 weeks of nonstop work the house looks better than it ever has.  We've had 15 showings so far in 4 days, and high hopes that it will move quickly.

For the next 2 months we will be renting a house on Lake Wylie.  It is actually a vacation home, right on the water and absolutely beautiful, but only a 40 minute drive to Brandon's office.  We were unable to find another furnished rental that would accommodate all of us, but we think a little vacation home for 2 months will work out just fine.  It will be nice that we can all be together while Brandon begins work and I won't have to pull my hair out trying to keep my Apex home in tip-top shape while rushing 3 little ones out the door for another last minute showing at dinner time.

I still feel a little in limbo, but glad that there is an end in sight.  Brandon is loving his new job and I know this is where we are suppose to be.  I'm hoping for some visitors soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment