Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Saying Goodbye



It’s officially time to move.  Although we have been in Charlotte for the last 2 months all of our things have still been here at our Apex home.  In Charlotte we have spent the last few weeks letting Brandon settle into his new position with Duke Energy, enjoying the lake, and changing a few things at our new home so we have it just the way we want it before we move in this week.  In this process I have still thought of our Apex house as “our home” so coming back seems normal to me.  With all the work we have been doing at the new house it still just feels like a place that I work and will have to leave when all the work is done.


Last Saturday we picked up our new puppy, Charlie.  He is a Golden Doodle.  The girls have been talking about him for weeks and were so excited to finally meet him.  He is a sweet dog and so great with the girls already.  He’s been interfering with my sleep since we are crate training him and is terrible at walking on a lease (he loves to just lay down and let you drag him), but other than that he is the perfect addition to our family.  I can’t wait to see the girls playing with him in our new fenced yard.


At the moment the girls are in Greensboro with my sister-in-law, Brandon is in Charlotte working before the move and Charlie and I are back in Apex with the movers.  My house will be completely packed up tomorrow and everything will be on its way to Charlotte.  I’m the only one here to see the house we have owned since before Caroline was 1 completely empty. 

I’m so excited to be in our new home, but this one holds a lot of special memories.  We brought Summer and Bella home from the hospital to this house, and all 3 girls had their 1st birthdays here.  We taught our girls to ride their bikes in this driveway, and planted almost every tree and bush in the yard.  For years we put a lot of long weekends and late nights into making it our home and I think it’s safe to say that we are leaving it better than we found it.

We are leaving every doctor and school we have learned to love and trust.  A neighbor that is willing to watch my kids at a moment’s notice, and so many wonderful friends that we have collected along the way.  I have to admit I’m a little sad, but I know the people we met and the things we did have lead us to be the people that we are.



Charlotte, I hope you’re ready for the Herndons, because here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment